About our Service
From Left to right: Outfitters Jamie and Kate Schumacher, hunters Buck Burdett and Mac McMillon
The following is
information detailing the services we offer.
All guided hunts divide into two parts:
(1) What is expected of the outfitter:
- The client will be placed with a properly licensed guide capable of conducting a guided hunt in an area capable of producing the desired trophies.
- Proper equipment will be supplied as per the hunt requirements and conditions of the Hunter Service Contract.
- Our base hunting camps have good equipment consisting of cabins or log based tent frames with kitchen tent, client tents, bunks with foam mattresses, rigging tarps, good horses and equipment. Spike tents and equipment are the finest.
- With the trend for requests to take several animals in a shorter hunt, such as a ten day hunt, in all honesty it is only fair to advise you that time usually allows for only two trophies to be taken.
- We or a representative of our outfit will meet you upon arrival at your entry point in Whitehorse, Yukon or Atlin, British Columbia. You will be transferred from that point to a chartered airline in Atlin, who will fly you to one of our camps.
- Upon your arrival your gun will be checked for shipping damage and sighted in if necessary. We then fit you to a saddle of your own and rig your gun scabbard and saddle bags.
(2) What is expected of the client:
- The client is expected to have on his arrival all necessary validated licenses and tags covering his hunt as well as remit the full balance due in cash, travelersí checks or cashier draft in U.S. funds. The hunt will not commence unless these two basic details are completed. It has been our policy in recent years to assist you in getting licenses on your behalf. We simply calculate the sum total of the licenses you require and contact you in May of the year you are to come, requesting those funds. Prior to your hunt we will purchase them for you, having them ready for your arrival.
- The responsibility rests entirely on the client to inform us in advance of any physical impairment to himself. There is no sense in your investing money in a trophy hunt, expecting to participate with a professional guide, when you are not in top physical condition for your age and the type of hunt you have booked.
- Sheep and Goat hunts could involve a large degree of walking and some serious backpacking to obtain good trophy rams and billies.
- Clients must be in excellent physical condition, able to walk, climb and carry a 25lb. backpack in rugged country. They also must be mentally prepared to suffer the hardships of being wet, cold and at times uncomfortable (as in many hunts but expected in Goat hunts).
- Harvested meat: All meat is required by law to be flown out. This would be at the clientís expense, unless arrangements have been made prior to your hunt. This amount is payable at the conclusion of the hunt. Our local butcher can process meat to be taken home at an additional cost to the client.
- Listen to your guide. You are paying good money for his or her services. Why not rely on their judgment and let them run the hunt. They know how to be successful. Donít try to second-guess them on estimating distances. It takes years to accurately judge distance in open terrain.
- Donít expect total perfection. Your outfitter and guide are human. If a problem arises, make the best of it and go on with the hunt. Then, if necessary, take it up with the outfitter - away from the other hunters and guides.
- We have but one purpose and that is to make your hunt enjoyable and fruitful. We do everything we can, within the law and rules of fair chase, to see that you get your game. We canít be successful if the hunter doesnít hold up his end. By following these guidelines you can make this one of your most enjoyable hunts.
- So there will be no misunderstanding, we wish to point out that we offer the service to obtain game. We do not offer animals for dollars spent, only the opportunity to hunt them. We will use our knowledge of our area and game habits to see that you are as successful as can be. We will work diligently for your game, but we cannot guarantee you a trophy. You will be on a fair chase hunt and the final responsibility will be up to you.
INDIAN RIVER RANCH GUIDES & OUTFITTERS, LTD.
P O Box 360
Atlin, BC V0W 1A0
For references and current openings, please email us at email@example.com
|Return to Home|